MODIFI3D PRO : Enhanced 3D Print Finishing Tool
Modifi3D PRO is an evolution of the 3D print tool. It is now tougher and has more power. We have added adjustable temperature control with an LCD display. Temperature can now be set up to 450ºC to allow for future potential of new tips and attachments.
The PRO is designed to replace much of the sanding, scraping and snapping to finish off your 3D prints, and comes with 10 interchangeable tips. The new improved tips are stronger than before and provide more functions including the ability to produce countersinks and setting threaded inserts. See the tip section further down this page for the full range.
Modifi3D PRO has retained a light and compact form similar to the original tool. This lightweight form makes it easy to control and very comfortable to use. Below is a list of some Modifi3D PRO features.
- 10 interchangeable tips (with special coating).
- Simple and easy to use.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Rapid heat up to 200ºC in less than 25 seconds. (450ºC max)
- LCD Display
- Adjustable temperature control
- More power (30W)
- Adjustable Standby and Sleep modes
- Basic stand included + downloadable 3D file to print your own stand/tool holder.
- The ideal companion for your 3D printer.
- Select a tip and thread into the heater cover tube. Leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place (this is only for rotational adjustment if required).
- Place Modifi3D PRO on the included stand and plug in.
- When connected to power, it will start heating to the last selected temperature. The actual temperature will be shown on the LCD screen.
- To set the temperature press the + / – buttons until the desired temperature is selected.
- After a few seconds the temperature will start to change and the actual temperature will be shown on the LCD display.
- Temperature is adjusted in 1°C increments. To adjust in 10°C increments click the + or – a few times and then hold down.
Standby / Sleep mode
- If Modifi3D PRO is still for the selected standby time, it will go into standby mode and the temperature will decline to the selected standby temperature. During standby mode, it will go into sleep mode after the selected time.
- When Modifi3D PRO is moved, it will wake and go into working mode automatically and the temperature will rise to the last selected temperature.
- Modifi3D PRO comes with a settings mode that can be used to adjust default standby and sleep times and temperatures.
- To change tips unplug the DC power and allow the tips to fully cool.
- Unscrew the existing tip from the end of the heater cover tube (leave the heater cover tube and locking nut in place)
- Replace with your selected tip.
- If you wish to rotate the tip, slightly loosen the locking nut and rotate the heater cover tube. Once at the correct angle simply tighten the locking nut.
- Plug in the power supply.
- Power: 30W
- Input: 24V DC
- LCD Display (Adjustable Temperature Control)
- Temperature Range: 150-450ºC
- Handle Size: 29mm x 17mm x 100mm excluding tips
- Handle Weight: 30g approx.
- DC Power Supply (US, EU, UK, AU)
- Cable: 1.5m long to 3.5 x 1.35mm DC plug